What is the COVID-19 community response?

What are the key parts of our community COVID-19 response?

A practitioner will decide if someone needs support in the community

When a person needs help, they should call 111, contact their GP or the council’s access service or they will be referred by another health and care practitioner. The community response will coordinate and ensure a response is provided by the most appropriate service.

They will refer this person using the new single electronic referral form

The single referral system is a way of referring into all services.

The Primary Care Networks (PCNs) will co-ordinate all home based care

Each local PCN will prioritise their own caseload, allowing local knowledge to be applied and for there to be closer working across general practice.

The Bed Bureau co-ordinates all bed based care

The Bed Bureau will make sure the right people are in the right bed, at the right time.
If you are a member of the public and need help you should call 111, contact your GP or the council’s access service.

If you are a colleague looking to refer someone you can find detailed guidance and access links on your organisation’s intranet.

You can find useful helpline numbers and links to support and information here.

If you’re an adult experiencing abuse or neglect, or if you’re concerned about somebody, contact the adult social care team. If you live in Cornwall call 0300 1234 131 or email accessteam.referral@cornwall.gov.uk. If you live on the Isles of Scilly, call 0300 123 4105.

Google Translate

Text Size

Change font