Home based support

We are treating people at, or close to, home wherever possible to reduce spread of coronavirus, working together to keep communities safe.
Ensuring most people can stay safely at home
GPs and primary care are splitting practices with areas for COVID and non-COVID patients. Community assessment and treatment units (CATUs) have been set up to support people not needing to go to hospital but still needing medical help.Information is available online and on the phone for non-urgent requests, prescriptions and COVID information and guidance, and volunteers are providing supplies for people who are shielding.

We have increased capacity in 111 services, in primary care and in the voluntary sector to support people in their own homes. Volunteers can provide shopping, transport and GPs have set up video and phone consultation.

Trauma services have moved to St Michaels, and the minor injury unit has moved from Treliske to Camborne and Redruth Community Hospital to provide COVID free treatment environments.

Some people will need support to stay at home
Social care, community health and voluntary partners are working together to coordinate all the care available in our community. Geriatricians and the palliative care team are available for advice and guidance. Local and Primary Care Network teams are working together to provide care for their local community. A team based in the community coordination centre prioritise the referrals coming in.

A single referral system allows practitioners to refer into community services, and allows easy prioritisation of cases to ensure we support those most in need.

Additional staff are being recruited and trained into Corserv, the council and Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust to maximise the workforce during this period. Over 500 people have expressed an interest, as well as staff being redeployed from existing teams.

If you are a member of the public and need help you should call 111, contact your GP or the council’s access service.

If you are a colleague looking to refer someone you can find detailed guidance and access links on your organisation’s intranet.

You can find useful helpline numbers and links to support and information here.

If you’re an adult experiencing abuse or neglect, or if you’re concerned about somebody, contact the adult social care team. If you live in Cornwall call 0300 1234 131 or email accessteam.referral@cornwall.gov.uk. If you live on the Isles of Scilly, call 0300 123 4105.

Google Translate

Text Size

Change font