Our Maternity Voices Partnership gathers the voices of women and their families who have used the maternity services within Cornwall. We collect feedback face to face, or in surveys and on social media. We also visit local parent groups to hear their views. We then meet with health professionals to discuss, advise and recommend changes where needed.
We want to ensure that all women in Cornwall have:
- Access to better information about pregnancy and parenthood that is personal to their circumstances.
- Support with their emotional wellbeing throughout their pregnancy and after their baby is born.
- More choice in the care they receive and feel involved in decisions about their care.
- Access a wider range of services closer to home.
- Are involved in how services are designed and delivered.
What we don’t do
Although we are always interested in receiving comments and suggestions from women and their partners who are using, or have recently used, local maternity services, we do not deal with queries from individuals about their personal care, nor do we handle complaints.
If you have questions about your maternity care, you can speak your midwife, health visitor or GP. Or, you can contact the Head of Midwifery.
If you wish to make a complaint about your care, contact RCHT’s Patient Advice and Liaison Services (PALS) on 01872 252793. Alternatively, you can visit them in the PALS office which is located in RCHT. It is open Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm. You can also email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.